Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baby Girl!

We found out on Monday that our next little one is a girl! Luca promises to protect her with all his muscles. I went outlet shopping tuesday thinking that I'd be so excited to shop all the girlie racks of pink and purple, but it was a little overwhelming for me. I only bought one dress, and what color? Blue, of course.


The boys are really into caterpillars lately. Luca searches for his "little friends" whenever we go outside. James was afraid of them at first, but now he loves holding them. I just have to remind him not to squeeze.

For the first time since we've lived in Maryland we decided to make crab cakes. I had been craving them ever since we saw this special on PBS where they were trying to find the best crab cake in Maryland. I was afraid to spend so much for the meat and then mess up cooking them, but Jer did the cooking and they turned out as good as I've ever had in a restaurant.





Luca likes to do hairstyles lately. He gives them really cool names. This one is called the speed hunk. Some of his others are the heartattack and the side heartattack (the way Jer's hair looks when he wakes up in the morning.) There is also the Timeout, because as Luca says, "James's hairstyles only last 5minutes, like a timeout."

4 comments:

Anya and Joe McCombs said...

How exciting!!!! Your boys will be the cutest protectors of their baby sister. I won't find out till the 21st and I can't wait.
CONGRATULATIONS

Rebecca said...

So exciting! I don't know if you have read our blog yet, but we are also having a baby girl in September. When are you due? We must be close. Congratulations on getting to by all the cute dresses! It really is fun!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun! :)

Jenny said...

I knew it! You just HAD to finally have a girl! Yaaaah!