Thursday, March 24, 2011

He's Three!

It's hard to believe he's three already. James is an awesome little guy. At three years old, he likes to do his letters and numbers, ride his bike, and color. He's very serious about coloring and drawing and gets mad if he gets out of the lines or his picture doesn't look like what he wants it to look. He's been potty trained since august, but now he insists on privacy, so that's been interesting. The condition of our bathrooms has plummeted to a new low. He still loves to carry stuff. He always has his little hands full of his "trinkets" everywhere he goes. It's usually cars, motorcycles, or diggers, but he's been known to carry around soaps, hand sanitizers, batteries, all kinds of stuff. Whatever he happens to be clutching when he falls asleep is the first thing he's going to demand at 3AM when he wakes up to go to the bathroom. I've had to go out to the van in the middle of the night to bring in cars that he fell asleep holding in his carseat and we neglected to bring in with him when we carried him up to bed. We've definitely learned our lesson.
Jameser loves to hear stories "not from a book." He loves to ride in the red racer. He likes to tell jokes to make his family laugh. He has a very keen sense of smell and comes into the kitchen the instant that I start to cook saying, "I smell something..." He is the first to notice a foul stench on highway, or a stinky Libby diaper.
In the words of James, "I like cupcakes, I do."

These are the cupcakes that I made for his birthday. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Here is how I found the boys sleeping last night. (On Luca's top bunk.)
Their bickering drives me insane, but when it comes down to it, they're close buds.





Libby with the daddy, in another vintage Miceli girl dress.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanie and Jeremiah . This is Nana. I learned how to see your blog because ;your mom gave me step by step directions. Your pictures are beautiful. So cute and different, not just posed pictures. Times in your lives you will always look back and experience your life situation at the time. We are having fun together today at "Tommy's lion ambassador family weekend. Had a nice lunch at the alumni center & wil have dinner at the Nittany Lion Inn. Hope to see you really soon. Love NN and PP and everyone and cuddles

Anya and Joe McCombs said...

Oh, your kids are so adorable! I especially loved the one of James and Luca sleeping in the same bed. James sounds like such a character. He and Michael would get along so well. Keep the cute updates coming and I'll try to do better -- really I will :)