Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cake Pops

I threw a bridal shower this past weekend for a dear friend, Susan. We've been close friends since nursery school. This is the cake, before I transported it to Pennsylvania (it survived!). It's supposed to be a flower garden, and looked cute with the other decorations and favors, but I was too busy at the shower to take out my camera and capture it all.
Cake pops were more challenging than I thought they'd be from what I'd read about them. I still had fun making them, and they tasted great, but they kept falling off the sticks! I'm going to keep trying...there must be a secret to getting them to stay on the stick.

This is the quilt I made for Susan. My favorite part is the binding that I actually did handstitch this time. That part always intimidates me, so I'm proud of myself for accomplishing it.









4 comments:

Laura Hennessee said...

The quilt looks great. Love the binding!

Jared and Laurel said...

You are so talented (I know I say it too much, but it's true)! I still brag about E's quilt.... Miss you!

The Huff Family said...

The cake and quilt look great Joanie! I love doing the binding by hand...it gives me such a sense of accomplishment! I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Joanie. The cake pops were the most yummy treat I've had in ages. The quilt is beautiful, and I know Susan will lovingly treasure it. The shower was fantastic ... such happy memories now. Love - MOM MOM