Tuesday, September 20, 2011

STAGE

Here is a view looking up above a stage with grid level above, two loading bridges and the fly bridge at the bottom of the image. A ladder leads 60 feet up to the loading bridges from the fly floor (which is itself 30 feet above the stage level)



This is the upper loading bridge. the weights on the floor are loaded onto the linesets to the left. these counterbalance the weight of the stage sets that are suspended beneath the grid floor to the right. the wires overhead connect the two.



This post is for my parents who are still skeptical that I know how to make buildings. But look at this thing: complicated, expensive, precise.. and perfect for a fight scene at the end of a movie. And, I'll add, still standing after a recent earthquake. Guys with too many tatoos are loading in the first show as we speak. If other people trust me to design this, wouldn't it follow that I would also be qualified to trim tree branches, cut hair, or perform minor surgery?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure. I'll trust you to cut my tree down. When do you want to do it? -RBK

Jared and Laurel said...

Indeed!