Friday, August 1, 2014

Our new lens

Our camera got new eyes yesterday. Bower 35mm 1.4f prime lens.

I hardly want to put it down!

I'm walking around practicing my manual focus skills. Thankfully with the Nikon d40 it still allows me to adjust aperture through the camera body, and I can use A,S, and P modes. The lack of autofocus may be a bit harder for Jer since his vision is blurry anyway. But it does give a focus confirmation dot.
I'm just taking random pics of pickles and flowers, but that will change very soon!










I've wondered if stopping to take pictures during experiences somehow detracts from the experience itself. Sometimes I'm sure it does. But for me, most of the time it adds to the experience because taking pictures is fun! That's why my kids always want to do it:-) It's fun to try to compose an image that captures what you see and how you feel. That saves one version of yourself or your baby or your surroundings.
It's fun to look at them later and remember. And remembering helps me to have gratitude.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!!!! I love it sis! We're gonna have to capture some pics together, then! Cute outfit, too btw! Love you :)