Thursday, March 2, 2017

Chicago, 100th day, and other happenings

 Here we are at the bean. I realized that the secret to having fun on vacation with my family.  FOOD.  Eat often.  Get treats.  We are all the happiest when eating.
 Tommy loves to be home playing.  His favorite time in storytime?  When it ends.  He turns to me with a big smile.  "Go home now!" he says.
 My dear friend Rose.  She is Iranian.  We had lunch the day after the travel ban was issued.  She and her family are some of the warmest most generous people I've ever known.  The political environment makes me feel like we are all just pawns in some emperors' games.
 On the 100th day of school, these two were to dress like they were 100 years old.
 Libby and her hot chocolate with a marshmallow snowflake she'd made at school.

I was pretty proud of how I did my own hair for a date night.  When I was getting ready, Libby and James each separately asked me what I was doing.
me: "going on a date."
them: "oh, with who?"
me: "um...Dad of course."  Maybe we need to go a out a bit more.
My chef Luca.  I'm so proud of this kid's interest in cooking.  Here he made caramelized onion and mushroom triangles and tuna tartare.  He has such a variety of interests and that is something I really admire about him.

Libby loves the zoo.  We took a day off school to go see the new baby giraffe.  It was two weeks old.  Tommy loved the elephants.

No comments: