Monday, October 20, 2008


This is a picture of Jeremiah's desk. And this post is written by Jeremiah. Left to right:
1)business cards in a black box - and I keep about ten or twenty dollars in one dollar coins in there in case I need a little cash. (cleaning lady, please do not read joanie's blog and find my pirate treasure)
2)CD's wrapped in bubble wrap that I keep around in case I need to pop some of those bubblies (really gets the creative juices flowing)
3)various business cards for people I'm working with now. I prefer to splay my rolodex in seemingly random fashion out across my desk. This allows for quick visual access, as well as displaying as the plumage of a fine bird for all to see the breadth and quality of my professional contacts
4)Lots of notes that need to be turned into meeting minutes (my secretary is being such a slacker lately)
5)some sketches and various pencils and penz (sometimes I like to stack my writing utensils all on end - not today tho - too busy and I might knock them over with my vigourous typing. I type with two fingers and I really strike the keys with some force)
6)phone - my extension is #"I'm pretending not to be here"
7) new widescreen monitor - we all just got these. please do not touch mine with your fingers or write on it with a sharpie. Also, if you are going to place a container of butter on a frisbee and let fly, do it in a direction not toward my screen - thank you.
8)more stuff like sketches and things in a big pile - this is where the magic happens.
Methodology:
a)take a rats nest of paper and sketches
b)add random bits of lost notes, crumple, push aside,
d)work until the middle of the night on your 3rd anniversary
c)pull out hair (professionalism dictates that said hair be your own),
d)throw professionalism out the window - argue heatedly about something inconsequential
e)argue heatedly about something consequential
f)...
g)and two years later you get this: http://www.villanova.edu/nursing/building/
Thank you for taking a tour of my workspace.
When I leave this place - especially at this hour - Irun to the train beacuse this area of baltimore is quite sketchy. Joanie will atest to the fact that I have very impressive top-end speed.

1 comment:

Enoch said...

this sounds oddly like an "you might be an architect if..." joke.