Friday, February 4, 2011

A Poem


Silver twilight sky
cut into diamonds
by the bare branches
of winter's trees.
We're driving between
the brown fields
where nothing is growing
and the sky slowly fills with stars.

I realize,
were you not here it would still be the same.
And I'm wondering,
Would I notice it?

-jmf


Okay, so if you don't like the romantic don't read on.

Today is the 10th anniversary of our first kiss. I wrote this poem one night when we were dating. We had just driven back to Ithaca from Jer's Parent's house and it was a beautiful evening. I realized then how he makes the whole world more beautiful for me. He has continued to do so ever since.

My thirtieth birthday is in a couple days. I was thinking about how Jer took me out to lunch at Collegetown Bagels on my twentieth. Time has gone so fast, but I still feel just as giddy with him around as I did then.

2 comments:

adventure knitter said...

Happy (almost) 30th! I hit 30 this year too...and we were watching our wedding dinner dvd recently and I looked at that girl and wondered what happened to that little girl?? (from 8 1/2 years ago...how does time go by so quickly???)

Jared and Laurel said...

So sweet. You guys are such a great couple. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!