Friday, June 3, 2011

"I'm Six! I'm Six!" -Luca

Luca came downstairs yelling, "I'm SIX! I'm SIX!" on the morning of his birthday. That night we surprised him with a new bike. He has been able to ride without training wheels for over a year now, but he had outgrown his bike.
Here is a shot from his birthday party. I didn't take my camera out during all the silly games we played. It was a really nice fun group of kids. For the cake I made cake pops...you can see them here in the center. Some were baseballs and some basketballs.




And for fun...here are some old pics from six years ago. Time is going too fast for me. I'd like to hit pause for a while so I can soak it all up a little better...if anyone finds that pause button let me know!


We loved his long skinny arm in this pic, and the way he waved it around like he was conducting music the rest of us couldn't hear.










That first night in the hospital, Jer kept moving Luca's crib around because no place was safe enough for him. The door and window were too drafty, he couldn't park it underneath the suspended television because it might have fallen on him. Neither of us could sleep because we just wanted to stay awake and look at him. Now, I'm not losing rest over it anymore, but I will admit that sometimes still I have to sneak in quietly and watch my little babe sleep and know that he is safe and sound.









No comments: