Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is this nesting?

I must preface this by saying that I am occaisionally crafty. Lately, I have to have a project going. I think it's a compulsion. But thankfully Luca enjoys sewing with me! He made a couple of these as well as a sunglasses case and bookmark. I don't come up with these ideas on my own. Even if I think I came up with something myself, I find it's already out there in cyberspace somewhere:)
Felt flower bouquet! We've made a few different types of fabric flowers, but all the different colors of felt look so cheerful together.
Little felt baby booties.

A couple sundresses.


I like wearing headbands lately because it is too stinkin hot. I made this "leather" one.
"What about my poor neglected boys?" you ask. Their room was my major project the last couple days. It needed a lot of going through and re-organizing, plus a new bunk bed! Now if they would only sleep in there!


On the wall just to the right of this pic I hung a magnet board for the boys to display their artwork. (They're quite prolific.) James and I made these magnets using artwork I scanned from some of our favorite stories. I love how the pictures in children's books stay in your mind forever. It makes me feel really good to open one like Andrew Henry's Meadow and have a whole flood of happy thoughts come to me triggered by once again seeing those pictures that fed my imagination as a child.





Here the board displays a Luca original.



Speaking of my boys...Luca likes to take James upstairs where they dig around through the closet and drawers to put together costumes. They had just finished putting on a dance show for me. Crazy boys!

3 comments:

The Huff Family said...

My goodness you have been busy! I love all of your crafts- the flowers and booties are adorable! I hope you guys are doing well. Sydney sends a hello to Luca.

Jared and Laurel said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! We can't wait to see you guys again.

Dalynn said...

We need to make more time for crafts in our household. Every time the girls ask to do one, I find I don't have the supplies. We're going to start stocking up. I love your leather headband.