Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My backyard

This is the view from my childhood backyard. My parent's house backs to a cornfield which was sold a few years ago to become mixed residential/commercial properties. The farmer stopped planting, then the economy turned, and nothing happened for a couple years. This year we were visiting when we heard the familiar sound of a tractor plowing up the weeds. Now there is corn. I know the project will still happen eventually (to the delight of all those architects out there). It is the last undeveloped piece of land within the borough limits, but I loved to see the corn. I thought of running back through the rows as a kid with the stalks towering over my head. We'd spend whole days out there building forts and living in our own world where we could no longer see the houses of our neighborhood.


A wedding!
My long time friend, whom I've always affectionately called Lizzie G got married over the fourth of July weekend. The wedding was beautiful. Here she is the night before with the groom, Jeff. He is friendly and kind, and I hope we get to know him well.





Jer discovered a new love. Whoopie pies. He isn't much of a desert lover, so I was surprised when he revisited the table so many times. We're going to have to learn how to make these.



Liz looked amazing, and I loved the flowers in her hair.

This is the Inn where the reception was held. It was located right on the river in Harrisburg.



Here we are. Today is Jer's birthday. He's 32, and even more handsome than he was at 22 when we started dating.

5 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

I love that picture of you both. What a good-lookin' family!

Heidi said...

I love that I get to peek into your life still. We still miss you!

Unknown said...

This post really made me nostalgic - for both the many hours spent exploring the cornfield with you and cold morning carpools with Liz... miss you so much!

Enoch said...

Wow congrats you guys! You look great! And J- those are some very architectural glasses!

Rebecca L. Miceli said...

No No, you look so pretty :-)

Jer, you don't look so bad yourself.

Miss you both..love you lots!

Becca