Friday, July 2, 2010

Bald Spot.

I had always vainly prided myself on the fact that my kids hadn't performed any haircuts on themselves.... I must be such a good mom...teaching them the proper use of scissors, etc. Oh well. I guess I was mistaken. Earlier this week Luca sat at the kitchen table coloring and cutting out superheroes with his safety scissors. I took the opportunity to unload the dishwasher. (Selfish indulgence on my part...I know.) I turn back around and look at him sitting there happily cutting out a power ranger, and then I notice there's a bald spot right on the top of his head. First I start thinking something is wrong. He's losing his hair?!? Some kind of disease? Then I understand what happened. I do wonder about his thought process that led him from superheroes to hair and back again. I guess I'll never know.

After he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror he started crying about his new hair cut and sobbed. "I wish I still had hair there!" I can relate...not that I've ever cut my own hair off, (although I did mistakenly come home with a mullet from a really nice salon once...different story) but we all do dumb things sometimes and wish we could have a do-over. Anyway...it's a good thing he's a boy. I kind of like him with a buzz, and you can barely see the bald spot.


While I'm blogging about Luca...here he is with my brother's girlfriend. Luca adores this girl and whenever she comes around he gets all giddy and runs around to show off his top end speed and agility. He found this picture on the computer and wanted me to post it. All I can say is if he wants to get a girl like her someday he'll have to lay off the home haircuts:)





No comments: