Monday, October 18, 2010

Two Stories and a baby girl

A baby girl.
The first story:
For the last couple weeks at school, Luca's teacher has called him "big brother Luca." He is enjoying his role. Everyday at school if they are good they get a check, then on friday they get to pick a prize from the box. Luca came home with a jewel ring for his baby sister. The kids get pretty excited about their prizes, and I was so amazed that he chose to get something for someone else. He couldn't even wait till we got in the car to give it to her. Here she is sporting her first piece of jewelry.


The second story: Unfortunately no pictures for this story starring Jameser.
Every night the boys listen to a Dinosaur Rock tape in their room as they fall asleep. Well...alas...last night the tape player (yes, a cassette player) ate the tape. (This is a rather big deal, because Dinosaur Rock was a traveling musical show from the mid eighties. The tape belonged to my siblings and I...needless to say it won't be easily replaced.)
Well, I made the mistake of exclaiming to my literally minded two year old (who adores this tape) that the Tape player ate it. He was distraught. Then this morning we went out and bought a new cd player for their room (the offending tape player was also a cd player, but the cd player had ceased being operational sometime previously). Anyway as we removed the old player, James crept over to me and leaned timidly over it.
"Mom," he said, "can I see his teeth?"
I did laugh, but I felt sorry for the little guy going to sleep without his music, in a dark room, with a vicious flesh eating tape player just feet away from his pillow.
Here we celebrate Libby's two week birthday with Mom-mom.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joanie, I finally made a gmail account! I have wanted to comment on all these precious pictures for quite awhile; but never had the chance. It makes my heart melt to read about all of Luca's kind gestures. Your stories and pictures reflect such a beautiful family (both inside and out). I love you all very much and think of you often :)

Emily