Thursday, November 4, 2010

Out and About

We went to a nature center near our house because Luca had off school for election day. We took our sweet next door neighbor, Pariya, with us.


I love this picture. It's a perfect comination. A good friend and a beautiful day.


See those three little dots down there? That's Luca, Pariya, and James. Where we live, kids don't often get the oportunity to run wild in all that open space without another person or building in sight.
That reminds me of a short Luca story...As we were driving by what used to be The Book of The Month Club in my hometown, I pointed to a corn field and explained how if you walked straight back through that field you'd arrive in Mom-mom's backyard. I told him how I used to walk all around in that field.
Then Luca says, "Oh, like back in the old days? Before they had cars?"



Here they are on Halloween posing with their pumpkins. I've noticed that James and Jer have a similiar problem. Neither of them can produce a normal looking smile for a photo. You ask them to smile and you end up with strange expressions like the above. Or you just end up not including them in the picture like below. Just kidding, that wasn't intentional. I just wanted to zoom in on Libby's ballerina costume. I love her huge yawn, and her huge belly. I guess all the excitement wore her out.



3 comments:

Elysa said...

I had almost forgotten what acres and acres of trees and fall leaves look like until I saw your pics.... there will always be a very special place in my heart for the East Coast. Maybe someday we'll return....

Jared and Laurel said...

I remember good times at that nature center...before they had cars...oh, wait, no. Miss you!

Enoch said...

Love the post, that is one content looking girl snuggled in daddy's arms.