Thursday, March 12, 2015

Why do I still blog? Momma blogs were all the rage back in 2007, but not so much in 2015. Yet I'm still at it. Mostly because I never journal and I'd like to keep some record, however minimal. And there are a couple people that still like to see it, like Jer, when riding home on the train, or my dad, or miss Erin, or heff. I think grandpa checks in now and then. So I'll keep em coming.

Libby and I went to the zoo today. Not a great pic, but great evidence of the tongue thrust problem that Luca inherited from me. The orthodontist is working on it in his case, but I fear it might be a losing battle.

This is a game we played for family night, to see which team could build the taller structure with 10 minimarshmellows and spaghetti. Jer and Libby just edged out a win over the boys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nono, you always manage to make your blog posts these wonderful little intimate glimpses into the kinds of moments that many people don't think to capture. I really appreciate them, since I never get to see you, and I feel like I get to know a little bit of your kids' personalities through it. I'm sure it must feel one-sided, but I'll bet more people than you think are paying attention! Love, Wawa

Anonymous said...

I confess, ...I am drawn to your blog daily... it's my daily fix of grandkids photos & stories, ...I find myself re-reading your old posts again and again, sometimes gaining new insight & appreciation for your thoughts. Joanie - - - please keep 'em coming! It's a fabulous way to chronicle your busy wonderful life with those 4 great kids & 1 awesome husband!!! xoxoxo you-know-who

Jared and Laurel said...

I'm glad you still blog! Even though I rarely get a chance to look at my friends' blogs, it's great to catch up with the Fairbanks' goings-on from the last few months. :D Plus you have such great pictures! I love to see how big the kids are getting. We miss you guys!