Monday, May 3, 2021

Back to Busy

 It feels like we have gone from 0-60 in a second here with the return to in person school (2 days a week) and sports ramping up.  I have forgotten how we managed it!  On any given Saturday morning it seems we're supposed to be in 6 different places!
Before the ramping up of activities, we took one last relaxing week at Costa Del Sol with my parents.  The weather was perfect.  We had our easter dinner on the beachfront patio.Here is Tommy on his first day of in-person first grade.
Scenes like below will soon be a distant memory. 
One of the recent additions to the schedule is Tommy's baseball.  The first practice he hid behind Jeremiah's legs and wouldn't let the coach get near him.  I understand his shyness after a year of staying home with his own family.  He is warming up to it all though.  He asks me to play catch a lot and his throws are getting hard enough to hurt my hand!
Lastly, our recent gathering of the cousin crew at Mom mom and Pap pap's house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Joanie, - - - I just loved reading your recent posts! Yes, I'm sure the spring is hectic now, trying to be in six places at once. 'Brings back memories for us. 'Don't know how we did it, especially without cell phones to coordinate rides and pick-ups! I'm so glad to hear that little Tommy is finally enjoying baseball!!!

We sure did have a wonderful time at Costa del Sol, in the beautiful town of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida! It's one of our very favorite places!

The Massanutten winter trip was great, too. The kids sure did catch on quickly to the art of skiing and ice-skating! Oh, to be young and reckless again! The last time we tried skiing was more than 40 years ago, and it didn't end well. The ice and the nighttime combined to make me slide halfway down Big Boulder ski area (in the Poconos). My nose was bleeding and my glasses slid another quarter way down the slope. (They had trouble finding them.) That's when I decided I better give it up before something really bad happened!!!

Anyway, I love reading your blog. You do a great job! It will be an awesome treasure for your children someday - - - you'll need to publish it!!! xoxoxo all my love from your mom