Wednesday, May 5, 2021

washday

Libby had her first paid job today making 50 small arrangements for my friend Tiffany's business, washday floral.  She finished all her schoolwork early to free up her day. She put down the screens and set off to work with her hands.  She loved the vibrant colors of the ranunculus.  It is therapeutic to play with lovely blossoms and to smell the eucalyptus.  And in the car on the way home she held her earnings in her hand and a new sense of accomplishment in her heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Libby!!! I am so proud of you!!! I have to admit, that as I read your mom's last sentence in her blog, it took me back to when I was just a bit older than you. I was only 12 years old when I got my first babysitting job. It was for two little neighbor boys (ages 1 and 3) whose mom taught swimming lessons every Saturday morning. She was gone for 3 hours, and my pay was a quarter an hour. Every Saturday I would skip home, with those three quarters jingling in my pocket, and I'd feel so proud of myself for handling the responsibility and enjoying playing with the children. It was so rewarding! Just what you felt, Libby!!! xoxoxo love from Mom Mom
P.S. Your 50 little arrangements are simply BEAUTIFUL!!!