Monday, May 3, 2021

February 2021

Covid birthdays can be a bummer, but Jeremiah and I still managed to celebrate my 40th with great friends.
Here is Tommy dressed like he is 100 for the 100th day of school.  He was very resistant to doing this, but I thought Carroll Manor moms would go all out as in years past.  When we signed on to his call, only 1 other kid had dressed up.  The kids were saying things like "I don't want to look old." And "dressing up is dumb.". Tommy wanted to sink through the floor.  
Then one boy, I think maybe Ben, said.  "I like Tommy's!  That looks cool.". Then all of sudden the tide turned and other kids agreed and Tommy could laugh with them and enjoy his silly costume.  Thanks to Ben, we averted disaster and my little boy's confidence was bolstered rather than destroyed.
In January we were lucky to be invited to Massanutten with my parents for a week of skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing.  Tommy caught on quickly to the skiing.  After a few runs we could all dismount the lift without falling into a tangled mess of bodies and skis. Luca convinced James that they should do the black diamond slope.  James said he mostly rolled down it.  He attempted taking his skis off and walking but that didn't work either.
On our way home we drove a portion of skyline drive.  We stopped at my favorite overlook.  And I took their picture at the tree where we stopped the first time we entered the park years ago when they were small.

No comments: