Monday, April 16, 2012

NPR

I love listening to NPR. I just like to learn about all sorts of different things. I often hear something and think, "I need to tell Jer about that..." but then forget about it by the time he's home or I'm off work. Here are two tidbits I learned recently.

Yesterday: There are two different species of tree frog that look identical. The only difference between them is their number of chromosomes. A female of either of these species can detect a difference between the croaks of the male frogs and is only attracted to the croaks of the frogs whose chromosome count matches her own.

Today: The secret service will control every aspect of the president's trip abroad. Even at dinner at Buckingham Palace, the president will get a plate that looks identical to queen Elizabeth's plate, but the food will be purchased and prepared by secret service chefs. Interesting. I wonder if other Heads-of-State do the same thing when dining at the White House.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your blog, sis. You and Jer make parenting look so easy. Thanks so much for having me for the day. I could just eat those kiddos up! Love to all the Fairbanks!

E