Monday, April 23, 2012

Old things

I spent the day up at my parent's house yesterday.  I found some real treasures there while I was rooting around.  I found a scrapbook that my parents made together when they were dating.  It was awesome.  It includes their handwritten separate accounts of many of their first dates and college experiences.  It's full of nicknames they used to use for each other like "meathead" or "dingbat" or "cin cin".  It's full of receipts, cards, and brochures.  Like one from Hershey Park when admission was $3.50.  They loved to watch Archie, and they liked to get pizza.  And one year they crashed my dad's parents New Years party because my Dad's friends couldn't get dates and their party fell through.  My mom danced the polka with my pap-pap. Lots of great stuff in there. 

I also found a book of bible stories given to my Papa on his fourth birthday in 1933.  It has beautiful illustrations.  A real treasure.

I also found this pic of my grandparents.  They are on a railroad track and he has some sort of handgun in his hand.  They were just being playful.  Posing for a silly picture.  But somehow seeing them in their youth makes me feel like I can know them better.  Sorry I don't have more pics, I didn't have my camera with me.  But next time I will because I'm going to explore my great grandmother's trunk full of telegrams, pictures, and newspapers from WW2.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments: